Below please find answers to some of the frequently asked questions about Advanced Billing Solutions medical billing services.
What operational benefits can my practice expect from Advanced Billing Solutions?
- Eliminate concerns about staff turnover, training or vacation and sick time
- Claims are entered daily, not just when there’s free time
- Less paperwork for office employees
Focus on patient care, not patient bills
Our pricing structure is based on collections
We only charge you based on a percentage of what you successfully receive from carriers and patients. This approach directly ties our financial success to yours and ensures we’ll do everything we can to work in partnership with your practice to succeed together.
What cost benefits will we see from Advanced Billing Solutions medical billing services?
- Our fees are based on collections, so we don’t get paid unless you get paid!
- All payments go directly to you – you retain complete control
- Our daily claim generation and carrier follow up ensure faster pay-outs
- Weekly patient statement mailings reduce turnaround on patient obligations
- No software or hardware to buy and maintain
No ongoing bills for paper, envelopes, forms or postage
What type of practice does Advanced Billing Solutions usually work with?
Our approach to medical billing services is flexible enough to work with any practice of any size. We have created a streamlined delivery model enabling us to adapt to your needs. If you are single physician practice, or have numerous offices with a team of providers, we can customize a solution to meet your needs.
How long does it take to get set up?
We can begin medical billing services as soon as you are set up in our system. We’ll need some specific practice information to get started such as: practice name, address, UPIN, Tax ID, provider numbers, fee schedule, insurance policy information, etc. Once established, we can begin sending paper claims immediately; electronic medical billing will begin as soon as your information is confirmed with each carrier through the clearinghouse – in as little as a few weeks
How will ABS receive my information for daily claims generation?
We will either pick up claims information daily from your office if your clinic is local, or information may be scanned and sent directly through email. Either way we keep your claims current and generated with 2 business days.
What do I need to provide ABS to make sure claims are submitted efficiently?
- To ensure the highest level of efficiency, your daily submittal envelope to Diversity will include:
- A copy of the daysheet
- A copy of the each patient encounter form that includes all CPT, ICD-9 codes and modifiers and HCPC codes
- A copy of the front and back of the patient insurance card
- A copy of the patient’s authorization form
Where do the payments go when claims are reimbursed?
All payments go directly to you. We request that you send us a copy of the EOB and verification of payment (check stub) or deposit slip so that our records can be up to date for patient balance billing and adjustments, but you retain complete control of your money at all times.
Does ABS also mail out patient statements?
ABS medical billing services takes the tedious insurance claim forms and carrier follow up out of the picture, allowing you to direct energies towards your core business of patient care.
What are Advanced Billing Solutions’ fees?
ABS fees are based on a pre-determined percentage of claims recovered for you. We don’t charge based on claims submitted, but on reimbursements received. This approach directly ties our success with yours and creates an immediate incentive for us to work together as a team
How often will you invoice our practice?
We will send an invoice monthly, for claims recovered in the prior month
Is ABS HIPAA compliant?
Yes. ABS is completely HIPAA compliant and has developed a program to support OIG suggested best practices for medical billing services.